Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Sweater Repair

I have this super adorable little three quarter length sleeve peach sweater that I've had for ages!

This photo doesn't really do it justice :( 

But sadly a few months ago I noticed a small tear at the back near the top!!


I've been thinking for some time about this, always about to toss it but never wanting to let it go :( Then the other day my boyfriend outgrew an item of clothing and I knew it immediately! It was the one! It was my repair tool!!!

Isn't it the perfect colour? 

So here was my plan, cut out three hearts, zig zag stitch the edges and cover the hole with one then sew the other two onto the elbows. Now this would make the sweater a little less formal but at least I can keep and wear it without having a hole in the back!!

I tried to draw a heart. Then I tried again.... then I decided I couldn't draw symmetrically and picked the half of the heart I liked most and decided to fold it in half and cut the pattern:

From there I cut three hearts out of the fabric and pinned them onto my sweater. I found thread to match the burgundy colour in the plaid and zig zagged my way around each heart. Now the one near the collar turned out significantly better than the others because gosh it's hard to sew on a sleeve! Here's the finished product:


I'm still debating on whether or not I'll take the ones on the sleeves off, open the sleeves, re-sew, then sew the sleeves up again. The worse looking heart is somewhat hidden on the left sleeve right now....




No comments:

Post a Comment