Monday, November 9, 2015

Another Phone Rant

I know I just posted but I wanted to express my frustration at the recent phone updates. December 2014 I received an offer from Rogers to "upgrade free" 6 months before the end of my contract. At the time I was thrilled but I'm not regretting it. I upgraded from the Samsung Galaxy S3 to the S5 and I regret it. My main regret: memory.

I don't know what happened but every time I turn around I'm out of memory. On top of that I feel like I'm getting constant updates that seem to do nothing but cause problems. In the summer I received an update that required me to delete several photos/apps to make room for it. This October I got another update, deleted again, and now whenever my screen is set to the lowest range of brightnesses or when it dims just before turning off the screen flickers.

On top of the crappy screen thing something they keep messing with is the silencing feature. I used to be able to put my phone on silent and my alarm would still go off. I was late for work the day after I updated because they introduced this new "priority" feature on the sound. Apparently you need to tell it alarms are priorities. Go figure.

Octobers release took away my ability to completely silence my phone, now I can silence the volume but vibration is always on. So now in the middle of the night when I get a WhatsApp or Facebook notification I hear "buzz buzz" from my end table. Not impressed Android, not impressed.

OK, I'm done ranting. Not a bad thing but a strange thing, when I landed in KL in August my background spontaneously changed itself.....

No comments:

Post a Comment