Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Not very good at keeping up at this....

So it's been a while since post #1 and to say a lot has changed is an understatement.

First: My Blog

My initial intent was to make this blog about fitness because last summer that felt like the biggest thing in my life. Things change and as much as I want to be fit I am excited about and want to share other things too :) So you'll see things here ranging from crafts, beer brewing, renovation projects, fitness and just whatevers going!

Second: My Body

I initially lost weight with paleo eating but it was driving me insane. I was perpetually in this deprivation and binge cycle with the forbidden fruits of certain foods and in the end put all the weight back on, grew back out of my goal shorts and peaked at 180 lbs. To be clear I don't think I'm obese or have this crazy notion I should look sickly thin like Twiggy or anything but I do want to be healthy and fit. I want to have children and I want my body to be a healthy incubator for my offspring. I also want to be healthy for me so I can do what I want when I want be it climb a mountain or dig a hole.

My focus has shifted. Instead of being thin I started with working on being fit. I joined a gym in January going 2 or 3 times a week doing ten minutes of jogging warmup then The Beginnger's Bodyweight Workout. This served me well for about a month. Then my friend joined and she stepped up my game :) We did spin Monday and Friday mornings and rip Wednesday evenings. I just ate whatever I wanted with the addition of a protein shake per day, mmmm :)

Third: My Food

I don't do paleo anymore. Some things stuck like little to no dairy, but I never was big on dairy to begin with unless it came in the form of frozen with sugar added and chocolate blended in.
So if I don't do paleo what do I do? I basically eat whatever I want. Revolutionary I know! I bought a book called "The Thin Woman's Brain: Re-wiring Your Brain For Permanent Weight Loss" and I read it. 
All I can say is it revolutionized my thinking. I'll write another post later about how I'm implementing her plan :) 


So that's all for now, keep your eyes out for the car seat cover I'm crocheting, more details about my brain re-wiring and I'll make a post about my and my boyfriends foray into beer making :) 

What are you doing to get healthy and stay that way? 

No comments:

Post a Comment