Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Meat Muffins! Deliciousness in Cute Little Muffin Shape :)

I like meatloaf, but as an adult I was always apprehensive about making it myself. It takes almost an hour to cook, it's a lot of beef, and when you look up a recipe they always use fillers like bread crumbs and crackers and yuck! So I guess when it came down to it I wasn't crazy about a lump of meat but rather the ketchup I doused it with..



 I got a recipe from someone I worked with in Calgary and of course it was a really delicious recipe!  But after only making it once I lost it... but I remembered some of the ingredients.



Now I could tinkered with the ingredients here and there but again, the large mass of meat takes ages to bake... *sigh* Until one day I had found a genius Pinterest idea! Make your meat loaf in muffin tins! So I put those ingredients together:

There's only 1 lb of beef in the photos but you'll need two for this recipe :)


And tossed it in the muffin tin:



It cooked so fast, it was a dream :) And now I can have meat loaf much faster! Plus it freezes great with some parchment on top to keep it closed up. And now for the recipe! Feel free to tinker with these ingredients, it's not a touchy recipe, and nothing but the garlic is so strong that if you add more it will overpower the recipe.

Ingredients (Yields around 24 muffins):
2 T Ketchup
1 t No Salt Seasoning (Costco Kirkland Brand Spice Mix)
1/4 t Salt
1 t Parsley
2 cloves garlic pressed
1/2 small onion (any colour)
2 large carrots (grated)
3 small potatoes (grated)
1 c grated cheese (any kind)
2 lb lean ground beef

Combine in a bowl, mix it up with your hands and press blobs into a non-stick muffin tin. You may want to Crisco/pam/coconut oil your non-non-stick pan but consider the grade of your beef and how much oils are already in the meat that will secrete.

Cook for about 30 minutes at 350 F or until your meat thermometer reads around 165 F in the center of a puck.

Another note, if you freeze it make sure it's completely thawed before cooking, the boyfriend learned the hard way that cooking partially defrosted meatloaf leads to the outside burning by the time the center is cooked and you're left with shrivelled up little pucks. I'll save you the visual on that one. You're welcome.

And Voila! The finished product, enjoy!


What do you put in your meatloaf? 


No comments:

Post a Comment