Monday, June 2, 2014

Annual Commuter Challenge 2014!

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! That time of year has come round again for the annual commuter challenge :) This is a one week dash to reduce your carbon footprint, you don't need to be perfect you just need to work on improving your impact on the planet this week.



Typically I carpool with my boyfriend to work but this week I'm going to try riding my bike a few times. I did my first ride this morning and I'd like to share with you that this felt like death. Ok, not really but it didn't feel good and to top off my hour long ride (16.5 km) with sunburned shoulders (from my 4k run yesterday) I arrived at work to what I was looking forward to as a delightfully warm shower... no hot water. D:

This is how I felt:

But fear not, my boyfriend brought me Tim Hortons coffee and a "Hungry Man" microwave dinner for lunch and I am certain that by 4:30 today I'll be ready to ride home and look something like this:

That's right, a million bucks :D 

So how will you participate in the commuter challenge this week? 






No comments:

Post a Comment