Tuesday, July 8, 2014

KitKat I Am Unimpressed.

A few days ago my Samsung Galaxy SIII Android phone informed it was going to update to 4.4.2, YAY! normally. But this time not so much... I'm not going to go through every change I noticed because I didn't honestly see many, just a few glaring ones:

1. The GPS icon in my pull down menu has been replaced with a "location" marker. This seems to be tied to my GPS which means that I can have both on or both off... my weather app seems to lag but eventually catch up and figure out where I am.

2. The battery gets murdered after turning on my camera. I did some digging and it looks like there's a bug generated when the camera is turned on. I did an experiment where I turned on the camera then shut down the program by holding the home button and swiping it away, the battery still died fast. So next I'm going to try rebooting after I use the camera.

Have you recently updated to 4.4.2? How are you liking it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment